4 Eggs, boiled, peeled and shallow fried
1 cup basmati rice, cooked
2 small potatoes, boiled peeled and shallow fried
2 tablespoons ghee
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2-3 cardamom pods
1 inch piece, cinnamon stick
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
2 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoon coriander powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon cumin powder
Salt to taste
½ cup yogurt
1 cup fried onions + for garnish
A pinch of saffron dissolved in milk
12-15 mint leaves
1. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, green cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Sauté till fragrant.
2. Add onions and sauté till onions go golden brown in colour.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and chopped tomatoes and sauté till they go soft and pulpy.
4. Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, cumin powder and sauté well.
5. Add some water and salt to taste and mix well.
6. Add yogurt, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add half the fried onions and mix well.
8. Cut the eggs into half and add to the pan. Add potatoes and mix gently.
9. Add half the mint leaves and mix.
10. Layer the cooked rice over the masala. Add saffron infused milk and remaining ghee on top and Mix the rice gently without disturbing the masala at the bottom.
11. Sprinkle remaining browned onions and mint leaves. Cover and cook on low for 5 – 7 minutes.
12. Garnish with more brown onions and mint leaves. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor